Learn how to set up GOOGLE Login through this tutorial video or could follow the steps mentioned below:
In a Panther marketplace, users can create a Panther user account and log in using their Google account. When using their Google credentials, users don’t need to remember a separate username and password for Panther. Their profile picture is automatically imported from Google.
If you would like to enable that feature, you will need to create a Google Sign-In Project and configure your marketplace to use this Project. Creating a Google Sign-In Project is free. Follow the instructions below to set this up.
IMPORTANT! When creating a Google Sign-In Project for your marketplace, please do NOT add anything that is not specifically indicated in these instructions. Doing so might create some issues and prevent you from finishing the setup.
Create and set up a Google Sign-In Project
1. Go to https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in.
2. Log in with your Google account (you may have to register as a developer if you don’t have a Google account already).
3. Click the “Configure a project” button”.
4. Choose “+ Create a new project” from the dropdown.
5. Name your Project (for example your marketplace name) and click “Next”.
6. Configure the name that will be displayed to your members (your OAuth client). Your marketplace name is a good name for this too. Click “Next”.
7. In the “Where are you calling from” dropdown, select “Web browser”.
– If you are on a Growth/Premium plan, it could be: “https://www.mymarketplace.com”, “https://mymarketplace.com”, or “https://something.mymarketplace.com”.
– If you are on a trial plan, it could be”https://mymarketplace.pantherapp.co”
9. Click “Create”
10. Click “Done”
11. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/.
12. From the top bar, make sure to select the Project you’ve just created.
13. From the left sidebar, go to “Credentials”.
14. In the “OAuth 2.0 client IDs” list, click on the “OAuth client” item.
15. In the “Authorized redirect URIs”, add your marketplace address followed by /people/auth/google_oauth2/callback
– If you are on a Pro/Growth/Scale plan, it could be: https://www.mymarketplace.com/people/auth/google_oauth2/callback or https://something.mymarketplace.com/people/auth/google_oauth2/callback
– If you are on a trial, it could be: https://mymarketplace.pantherapp.com/people/auth/google_oauth2/callback
16. Press enter to add that address.
Your Google Sign-In project is now created, configured and live. But this isn’t finished yet! You now have to configure it in your marketplace to use it.
Configure your Google Sign-In Project in your marketplace
You’ll have to copy some information about your Google Sign-In Project from Google to use it within your marketplace. If you haven’t created a Google Sign-In Project at Google yet, please follow the instructions above.
1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/
2. From the top bar, make sure to select the Project you’ve just created.
3. From the left sidebar, go to “Credentials”.
4. In the “OAuth 2.0 client IDs” list, click on the “OAuth client” item.
5. Copy the value in “Client ID”. It’s a long chain of characters and numbers.
6. Log in your marketplace. You must be logged as an administrator.
7. Open the admin panel.
8. In the left-hand menu, click “Social media”.
9. Find the “Google Sign-In” section.
10. In “Google Client ID”, paste the value “Client ID” you copied earlier.
11. Go back to your Project at Google, in the same section you were.
12. Copy the value in “Client secret”. It’s a long chain of characters and numbers. You may have to refresh the page to have that “Client secret” field displayed.
13. Go back to the “Social media” settings in your marketplace.
14. Paste the copied “Client secret” string into the “Google Client secret” field.
15. Click “Save settings”