A Promo code is a series of letters and numbers that customers can enter into a promotional box on the payment screen to avail of some discount on their purchase.
Promotions can be set up from the admin dashboard. In the sidebar navigate to Promotions, here you have the option to “Add Promotion” for your app.
In case you have already added promotions, a list is showing under the Promotions tab.
Here you can even edit or delete them
Here is a quick guide on how to use this module in detail:
- Steps to Add Promo codesAdding promo codes to your eCommerce platform through Yelo is quite easy. Here, we are going to discuss how you can do it through the Yelo dashboard.
- Go to the Yelo dashboard and click on the promotion option by following this sequence on the sidebar, Marketing-> Promotions->Promo Codes.
- You can add a promo code by clicking on the Add Promotion.
- When you click on the Add Promotion button, a pop-up form will open with different fields, like the promotion name, the option for a flat discount or percentage discount, and the description of the discount.
- You can even add a start date and end date from an in-built calendar in the form.
- Next, you can choose the amount of discount, minimum order value, and maximum number of users allowed per discount.
- After entering relevant data in the fields, you can assign the eCommerce platform, and select between three different types of promo codes – Public, Hidden, and Auto-applied. After filling in all the details, just save to add the promo code.
- A public promo code is the one that is visible when a user checks out to place an order. A hidden promo code, on the other hand, needs to be added manually by the users. At the same time, an auto-applied promo code automatically applies at the checkout. You can use a toggle provided with the promo code to activate or deactivate the status.
- Here, you can see all three types of promo codes – public, hidden, and auto-applied, together added to the dashboard.
- To check whether the promo code works or not, you can visit the website by clicking on the Visit Website button.
Congratulations! You now know how to add promotions for your eCommerce website, and even check them on the website.