Business categories are used to classify the businesses being provided on the marketplace. With the help of business categories, the reach of a merchant on your marketplace or the customer experience can be improved on the web/apps. For example, if a customer wants to order a pizza in place going into a merchant, he just needs to click on the business category pizza, and he will see all the merchants who are providing pizza. With the business categories’ help, a merchant’s catalog can also be mapped if catalog mapping is enabled. The Customer will only see the products/services associated with the business category.
Create a business category are:-
- Go to configure> order setting> catalog> Business categories.
- To create a business category, click on the + button in the business categories.
- Now you need to provide the required information like Name of business category, Image, external URL if you want to redirect the business category to an external URL(note:- To use the external URL, the custom category needs to be enabled.)
- Click on the Add button.
- Congratulations, you have successfully created a business category.
Assign the business category to a store.
To assign the business category to a store, go to the General> merchants> Click on merchant name and assign a business category.
Business category mapping
If a business category mapping is enabled, the business categories can map the catalog. Only the categories assigned to a business category will be displayed to a customer when he visits the web/apps and visits a merchant through a business category. Follow the steps to configure the catalog mapping:-
- Go to the business category mapping option inside a merchant and click enable the Toggle.
- The categories in the catalog section and click on the three dots in the class and select the assigned business category option now give the Merchant business category.
- Congratulations, you have successfully enabled business category mapping.
Business category Filters:-
Filters are a vital part of any Online hyperlocal marketplace. After using the business category filters, the merchants in the business categories can be filtered. Follow the steps to create a business category filter.
- Go to configure> order setting> catalog> custom fields.
- Enable the Toggle.
- Once you have enabled the Toggle now, you need to choose the business category you want to create the filters.
- Now, In the selected field, you need to provide the required information to create a filter. The information in the fields are:-
- Field name:- In this section, you need to enter the name of the filter type.
- Field type:- Here, you need to define if the filters will be single select or multi-select.
- Values:- In this section, you need to enter the type of filter.
- To assign the filters to a merchant, follow the steps:- General> merchants> Click on the merchant name> Go to the business category option and assign filters to the Merchant.