Why is my push campaign’s audience reach less than the selected audience?
Example of the problem
“I selected a 20,000+ audience to send push campaigns but it is sent to only 9000 users”
If you are facing this issue then the reason could be that
- The device token of some of the customers must have expired. You must know that in HIPPO push notifications will not be sent to users whose device token has expired. Usually, this happens if a customer has not opened the application in the last 30-45 days. In such case, the device token expires and the system then considers the customer inactive. Thus the customer is counted in the total audience but the actual push is delivered to only those whose device token is valid. For more details on a device token you may refer to this article: https://help.jungleworks.com/yelo/device-tokens/
- Some of the registered customers counted in the audience must be deleted on Yelo. Please note that it may be a case that a user is deleted on Yelo but not HIPPO. If the user is in HIPPO’s database then HIPPO will count them in the audience for the campaign.
- Other factors for push not being delivered can be:
- Low/no internet connectivity on the customer’s device
- Device settings restricting push notifications from the application
- Browser settings restricting pop up