Products are the actual goods or services listed under each category you create. When selling/booking anything online, it’s imperative that you update all Product or service details accurately since what they see on your store is the only point of reference for a customer.
You can add the name of your Product or services, update price, variants, addons, images, short and long descriptions, and more in the Products page using two ways. Here’s how:
- Upload from dashboard
Manually add products to your online store.
- Click on the + icon next to the Product card in the Products page.
- An Add Product form will popup with the following fields:
Language: Your preselected vocabulary will appear here. You can change the Language under the Language tab in Settings under the Account subhead.
Product Name: Enter the name of the product/service in this field
Price: This is the price you’ll be selling the product/service for
Minimum Quantity to Order: Some items are sold in a fixed quantity. For instance, a set of 6 cupcakes. Update that number in this field.
Maximum Quantity per Order: You can set a limit on the number of product customers can buy in this field.
Cost Price: This is the price at which a merchant or retailer has bought goods.
SKU: The Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) is a unique code assigned to each Product in your inventory.
Discount: Using the dropdown, select any applicable discount on the product/service. Read on how to create deals here(Link of discounts page)
Order Preparation Time: Applicable for timed products or services, this is where you enter the time taken to prepare an order in minutes.
Inventory: Update the current list for a product in this field. Click on the Inventory toggle and enter the number in the Available Quantity field.
Description: A brief flavor text describing the product/service in the best way possible.
Long Description: Describe your product/service to your customers in a more detailed manner in this field.
Image: Drag and drop a file or upload it from your computer. Choosing the most appealing image of your Product is important.
- Once you’ve filled in all the mandatory fields (Product Name and Price), click on Add, and the Product will be added to your catalog.
- Click on the vertical ellipse (⋮) next to the Product to delete, Edit, duplicate, disable or add variants to it
- Add products using the CSV Import method
- Click on the blue Import / Export button on the right corner of the Products page.
- A new window that looks like the image below will appear(Screenshot of the CSV window).
- Click on the Product tab and download the sample CSV file
- Fill in the required details in the downloaded CSV file and save it. Terms in the product CSV are:-
Product name:- Here, you need to add the name of the products/services.
Product price:- Here, you have to enter the product price.
Category id:- If you are adding the Product in a category/subcategory, then you need to enter the category id in this section
(Note:- you can get the category id from the category data CSV file)
Product description:- Here, you need to add the product details.
Product long description:- Here, you need to add detailed information about the Product.
Product image URL:- Here, you need to add the product image URL.
(Note:- the image URL should be in image format)
Tax id:- using this field, you can apply the tax on the products.
Cost price:- this is the price at which a merchant or a retailer has bought the goods.
MRP:- MRP is the maximum price at which a fee can be sold
SKU:- The stock keeping unit(SKU) is a unique code assigned to each Product in the inventory.
Side order:- In this field, you can mark a product as a side order, the Product will be shown to the Customer at the time of checkout.
Product id:- The product id is auto-generated by the system, and you need to keep it blank.
Is Veg:- Now, you can mark the Product as Veg or nonveg. The values for Veg are one and for non veg is 0.
Available:- In this section, you can enter the available quantity of a product.
Inventory:- In this section, you can enable/disable the inventory
Enable:- In this section, you can enable or disable the product status.
- Import the updated CSV file by dragging and dropping it or uploading it from your system
- After uploading the CSV, you will receive a CSV Report on your email with the data’s status. If the group is True, the CSV upload is booming, and if the quality is False, an error message will be shown with the field containing the error.
- If you want to update your existing categories using the CSV method, download the Existing CSV by clicking on the button next to Sample CSV. Make the required changes on the current CSV file and upload it again.