How well you categorize your catalog directly impacts the Customer’s experience and hence your profit. A well-organized record with distinct categories is much more likely to help prospective customers purchase a roster that isn’t clearly defined.
For instance, for a food delivery business, the categories could be based on time of day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), cuisines (Italian, Mexican, Chinese), specialty products (Exotic Pizzas, Deluxe Pizzas), and more. A home cleaning business can have categories like residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, window cleaning, and more.
There are two ways you can add or update categories on your Yelo dashboard.
- Upload from dashboard
You can manually enter the categories by visiting the Products page. The step is as follows:
- Click on the + icon next to the Category card on the Products page.
- An Add Category popup will appear on the screen. Enter the Category name, update the description, and upload a category image and click on Add. The category description and photo are optional fields.
- Your newly added category will appear under the Category card.
- Click on the vertical ellipse (⋮) to edit, disable, delete or add products to the category.
- CSV upload
The second way to add categories to your catalog is by using the CSV import method. CSV is a text file where each line is a data record, separated by a comma. Here’s how you can import your catalog using CSV:
- Click on the blue Import / Export button on the right corner of the Products page.
- A new window that looks like the image below will appear.
- Here, click on the Category tab and download the sample CSV file.
- Fill in the required details in the sample CSV file for the category and save the file. Terms in category CSV are:-
- Category name:- Enter the name of the category in this field.
- Parent Category id:- You need to enter the category id here to create a subcategory. You can get the parent category id from the category data CSV.
- Category Description:- In this section, you need to add a description of the category.
- Category Image URL:- In this section, you have to add the Image URL of the category
Note:- The URL should be in the image format type(.jpg, .png etc).
- Tax id:- Tax id for the taxes to be applied needs to be defined here.
- Side order:- If you want to mark a category as a side order, you need to enable it from here.
- Category id:- The category id field is auto-generated and can keep blank.
- Enable:- Using this section; you can mark the category status enabled or disabled.
- Delete:- With the help of a delete option, you can delete a category.
- Import the updated CSV file by dragging and dropping it or by browsing it from your system.
- After uploading the CSV, you will receive a CSV Report on your email with the data’s status. If the rate is True, the CSV upload is booming, and if the quality is False, an error message will show with the field containing the error.
- If you want to update your existing categories using the CSV method, download the Existing CSV by clicking on the button next to Sample CSV. Make the required changes on the current CSV file and upload it again.