Create Tasks on tookan through different ways
You can send orders or create tasks on Tookan through 6 different ways –
Create Task Button, Bulk CSV upload, Customer App, Tookan Booking Form, APIs, and through Yelo (Ordering Platform).
1. firstly through Create Task Button
The ‘Create Task’ button is located right on the top bar for easy accessibility from the List view and Map view.
Through you can create pickup and delivery tasks
You can create –
Only pickup tasks
Only delivery tasks
Single pickup and multiple delivery tasks
Multiple pickup and single delivery tasks
When you click on the pickup/delivery button, it expands with detail fields.
Add details like Name, Contact Number, Email Address, Order ID, Address, Time and Description.
You could also upload a reference image and select a suitable template.
You could also add multiple pickup/delivery points by clicking on Add Another Point.
Mandatory fields – Address, Date and Time
For video reference, please click here
2. additionally, you can create task on tookan by using Bulk CSV Upload
This feature allows you to upload multiple tasks in one go.
The ‘Create Task’ button is broken into two parts. All you need to do is click on the drop-down at the right of the button and select ‘Bulk Import’.
Next, download the sample CSV file wherein you can fill in all the task related information.
For uploading the CSV
1. Select a team (optional)
2. Select Workflow (mandatory)
3. Select the custom field template (optional)4. Upload the CSV file
Fields in CSV file
1. Task Description – This will include all the additional details of the task,
Example – Order Details, any note, etc.
2. Customer Email – It is the email of the Recipient
3. Customer Name – Name of the Recipient
4. Street Level Address – Address of the Recipient (Including house no. and street no.)
5. City – City of the Recipient
6. Zipcode / Pincode – Area code of the Recipient
7. Country – Country of the Recipient
8. Latitude – you can use it as a coordinate point to override Recipient’s Street Level Address so the address pin points at exact location. (Both Latitude and Longitude are important to find exact location on map, mentioning only one won’t work)
9. Longitude – you can use it as a coordinate points to override Recipient’s Street Level Address so the address pin points at exact location. (Both Latitude and Longitude are important to find exact location on map, mentioning only one won’t work)
10. Customer Phone Number – Phone number of the Recipient.
11. Delivery Date and Time – It will be the date and time by which the the agent should complete the delivery task.
The format for Date and Time should be (MM/DD/YYYY) (HH:MM:SS)
Also it should be greater than pickup & current date and time.
12. Agent ID – This can be found on the Dashboard under Menu > Agents
It is required if you want to manually assign the tasks to agents at the time of uploading the task
13. Has_Pickup – It is required if you are making connected Pickup and delivery task
If the pickup and delivery tasks are connected the the value should be 1.
Otherwise if you are making only delivery or only pickup tasks then you can leave it blank
14. Merchant Email – Email of the Pickup customer
15. Merchant Name – Name of Pickup customer
16. P_Street Level Address – Address of Pickup customer
17. P_City – City of Pickup customer
18. P_Zipcode / Pincode – Area code of Pickup customer
19. P_Latitude – It can be used as a coordinate point to override Pickup customer’s Street Level Address so the address pin points at exact location. (Both Latitude and Longitude are important to find exact location on map, mentioning only one won’t work)
20. P_Longitude – It can be used as a coordinate point to override Pickup customer’s Street Level Address so the address pin points at exact location. (Both Latitude and Longitude are important to find exact location on map, mentioning only one won’t work)
21. Phone Number – Phone number of the Pickup customer
22. Pickup Date and Time – It will be the date and time by which the pickup task needs to be completed.
The format for Dae and Time should be (MM/DD/YYYY) (HH:MM:SS)
Also it should be greater than current date and time.
– Mandatory Fields are marked with * in the CSV
– If you are creating only delivery tasks then you can leave pickup details blank
– If you are creating only pickup tasks then you can leave delivery details blank
– To create connected pickup and delivery tasks fill in all the fields
– Do not change the header of the CSV file
3. additionally through Tookan Form
Tookan forms allow your customers to directly create tasks, using a web form.
Moreover, These are customizable which can be used as per your requirement and business use-case.
To activate Tookan forms
Goto Extensions > Tookan forms > Activate
Once activated Goto Settings> Form Editor > Add Form and create a form
It is a paid Extension
For video link, please click here.
4. Create tasks on tookan through Customer App
The customer app is a white-labeled solution wherein you can get it branded under your company name and moreover have the app on the play store and app store.
Similarly, The customers can download the app and start placing orders which will directly reflect on the admin on the dashboard.
Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzEJm0Y9xt4
5. Creating tasks through API
Moreover, The Tookan API is a RESTful web service for developers to programmatically interact with Tookan’s data and real-time delivery management functionality.
If you have some third-party platform then it can be integrated with Tookan through API.
Besides, Tookan has an open API that you can use to push orders from your platform onto the Tookan dashboard
API Documentation – https://tookanapi.docs.apiary.io
6. lastly, Creating tasks through Yelo
Yelo is a marketplace where the customers can place the orders from website/app and moreover the orders will be pushed to Tookan wherein the deliveries can be managed.
Adding Additional Information In Tasks
To add any additional information to the tasks which you maybe want your customers to fill while placing an order or want you agent to see/edit on the agent app can be achieved through templates.
Go to Menu > Settings > Templates
Custom fields allow you to capture the information in a form that is specific to your business.
You can create multiple templates based on your requirement and you can add as many custom fields in a template as required.
Once the template is created, you can add the template while creating a new task, thus providing you additional fields.
therefore These custom fields are shared with your agents/ drivers in the app, providing them the additional info as required also it can be viewed on customer app and booking form if the template is linked to them.
App Side Display: In the app side display drop down you can either select Read Only/Allow Agent Input. If you choose to Allow agent Input as per your needs, you can also make the particular field mandatory, however agents will need to fill the field in order to complete a task.