Auto assign in tookan pooling : Can Tookan’s pooling feature auto-assign a task wherein the driver is on the way to pick up an item another pick just appeared in the same location with a delivery address also close to his?
Yes Tookan’s pooling feature can fullfil this requirement but task should be of pickup and delivery.
Understanding auto assign in tookan pooling
Auto allocation : Automatically assign your tasks in Tookan using the Auto Assignment feature.
To enable/disable Auto Allocation go to Menu > Settings > Account Setup > Auto Allocation.
The auto assignment has two parameters:
Batch wise auto assignment works in the form of push notification. After enabling this feature,
therefore the system assigns the tasks automatically
and the manager can focus on key focus areas of the business like marketing and sales.
This feature is available on the Workflow settings page, (Menu > Settings > Auto Allocation).
Select Batch Wise for setting the Batch Configuration.
to clarify, The details about each and every parameter for Batch configuration is below:
- 1. firstly Task Allocation Priority – Let’s you decide the priority on the type of agent whom you want to assign the task. You can have your own riders as well as freelancers.
- You can prioritize whom you want to assign tasks to.
- Default: systems sends the task notification to all riders (Captive or Freelance) who are eligible.
- The system sends task notification to eligible captive riders.
- If none of the captive riders accept the task, the systems sends it to an eligible freelancer driver.
- 2. secondly Start Allocation Before Task Time – This parameter lets you define the time (in minutes) for when you want your allocation to start.
- Example: 30 mins will mean that if you schedule a task from 5:30PM then the system allocates the task to a driver 30 mins beforehand.
- 3. lastly Task Notification Limit – This is the maximum number of task notifications a rider can receive at a time.
- 1.firstly Start Radius – This is the starting minimum radius from the task location within which the system will search for available agents based on their current location.
- 2. secondly Radius Increment – This is the value via which the system will change its searching radius with each batch For example .
- Searching radius for the 3rd attempt = Start radius + 3*Radius increment
- 3. lastly Maximum Radius – In all attempts, searching radius value will go to a maximum value of Maximum radius ( manager can define it based on business workflow)
- 1. firstly Batch Processing Time – This is the time (seconds) after which the system will generate a new batch and start sending requests to the next batch of agents.
- For example if it’s value is 10 secs, then the system will generate a new batch every 10 seconds and will send requests to the agents that were filtered in that batch,
- until either there are no available agents left
- (who have already been sent a request) or somebody has accepted the task.
- If nobody accepts the task, its status will remain as an unassigned task.
- 2. secondly Request Time – This is the time available to the agent on his application when he receives a notification for the task. For e.g. if the value is 30 secs,
- then the agent will get 30 seconds to accept the task.
- In the meantime, if another agent accepts the task,
- then this agent will get a notification that another agent has accepted the task already has already.
- 1. firstly Maximum Batch Size – This is the maximum count of agents who will get a request in an attempt.
- For example. if in the first system attempt, there are 10 available agents within the starting radius,
- but the Maximum Batch Size was equal to 5 agents,
- then systems sends the the request only to top 5 agents, sorted by distance.
- 2. secondly Maximum Batch Limit – This is the maximum number of attempts the system will try to search for an agent, before giving the message for Unable to Auto Assign.
- 1. firstly Notification Delay Per Task – This setting lets you prioritize your free agents over your busy agent.
- Your busy agent will receive the notification later than your free agent.
- You can enter time in seconds for how late you want to send the notification to the busy agent.
- Also, note that the value entered for time, will be multiplied by the number of tasks a busy agent has before they receive notification.
- 2.secondly Maximum Batch Limit – This is the maximum number of attempts the system will try to search for an agent, before giving the message for Unable to Auto Assign.
Pooling refers to batching of two orders to a single agent. By order, we mean a pick up and a delivery.You can pool a maximum of 2 orders i.e 4 tasks.
- 1. firstly Threshold radius – Threshold Radius is the maximum possible distance between agent (when is in process of completing first task) and the second pickup Location.
- 2. secondly Waiting Time at First PickUp – This is the estimated time a rider takes at first pickup.This will be used to calculate the SLA. You have to set this up.
- 3. SLA – You can define the time from pickup to delivery. Our system calculates how long it will take for the rider to complete the task. If the rider can complete the task within the SLA defined by you,
- only then he will be assigned the task.
- 4. Max distance between both Pickups – For pooling, you can define the distance between both pickups. Only the orders having both pickups within this radius will be pooled.
- 5. Max distance between both Deliveries – For pooling, you can define the distance between both deliveries. Only the orders having both deliveries within this radius will be pooled.
- 6. lastly Max distance between agent and second delivery – For pooling, you can define the distance between the current location of agent and the second delivery. Our system will calculate the distance from the rider’s current location to his second delivery. If this distance falls under the radius you have defined, the only task will be assigned to that rider.
If Auto Assignment fails, then the Dashboard gets a notification and tasks shows the option to Retry Auto Assignment,
and send a round of notifications back to the available agents.
We also send an email to the account owner notifying about the event.
Some other miscellaneous features regarding the feature are as follows:
- 1. When searching for available agents,
- system automatically filters out people who already have a task overlapping with the task whose assignment is in progress
- 2. Agents are sorted by a weighted average of proximity from the task and no. of tasks that he already has, but high priority for the proximity parameter
- 3. Every Agent is sent a request only once during one cycle of auto assignment batch wise
- thus making it possible to auto assign in tookan pooling.