The map keys are basically used to track the tasks and the location of the Agents. Also, the map keys help customers in the search of the addresses. Below is the utilization matrix you can refer to:
(i.) Customer App –
- Map Initialisation – For both iOS and Android, the map key is required at the code level for the display of the map.
- Search Address – For both iOS and Android, in master code, we use Flight map API and in URL we pass the value of the option as 2 for google maps and google map key which is picked from map config. To check how flightmap works , please check out this link works – https://jungleworks.com/flightmap/how-it-works/
- Distance Matrix – For iOS in master code, we don’t have a direction matrix function with waypoints, rather distance calculation is done with distance matrix for single pickup and single delivery.
For Android in master code, we call flight map to fetch distance and time. In this map key picked from the map configuration which is set from the dashboard.
(ii.) Agent App –
- Map initialization – Need to set a key in code level because google checks the map key at compilation time.
- Search address -> For this, we use Flight map API and in URL we pass the value of the option as 2 for google maps and google map key which is picked from map config.
(iii.) Booking Form –
- According to the new code update, the map keys will be picked which have been added in the map configuration .